Saturday 10 May 2014

Day 1 of Intuitive Doodling

Day 1 - 9 May 2014

Welcome to my first day of Intuitive Doodling. I decided to take it outside. I can't remember when last I just sat on the ground... It was slightly uncomfortable, I will admit, but I guess it's just because my butt is used to the comfort of a couch *wink wink*. I just thought that if some children's classroom is on the ground in the shade of a tree - then surely I could doodle without the comfort of a table and a chair! I did however have to "fight" my puppy "Meeko" for my pen and pencils at various times during this activity ...lol... 


My outdoor "Art Studio"



Doodling with "Meeko"



 About 45 minutes later... 
My first spontaneous doodle!


Okay, so I took a moment to reflect on what I had created and this is what I realised:

I found that I was feeling a little irritated. Even though the doodle looked quite 'cute' I felt that the red and pink indicated anger. I think this doodle represented my feelings towards my puppy "Meeko". We have had him for 2 weeks now, but he has kind of thrown off my daily routine. It feels like I can't get anything done because I have to constantly watch him, as he chews everything. We are also trying to house-train him which means I have to constantly be alert to any toilet sign he makes... Some nights he wakes us up crying and wailing. Don't get me wrong - he also has his cute and lovable moments, which by far outweigh the 'narfy' times. I guess the use of blue in the doodle balances out the pinks and reds - so even though he is at times an inconvenience, I still love him to bits!





... I mean, what's not to love - right?! 
*wink wink nudge nudge*

1 comment:

  1. Love your first post. Meeko is so cute and the doodle seems really appropriate. Cant wait to read more and see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete