Sunday 11 May 2014

Day 2 of Intuitive Doodling

Day 2 - 10 May 2014

The day went by quickly, and before I knew it, it was already 20h30. I quickly grabbed my journal, pen and coloured pencils and sat at the dining-room table to do my doodling for the day. I have to admit that it was much more comfortable than sitting on the floor, but I did enjoy the sunshine and picnic feeling of yesterday - so I foresee more outdoor doodling in the near future.

For today's spontaneous doodle, I set a timer to 30 minutes, as it is soooo easy for me to get carried away... I mean the point of this activity is to end up with a doodle - not a masterpiece, right?!


Anyhow, 30 minutes later I had doodled this...



I found this doodle to be quite strange... A snake, a Christmas tree, 3 Monkey-like faces and a flower - What a strange combination?? 

I sat and thought about it all and this is my interpretation of it. First off, I felt that the 3 Monkey-like faces (which I viewed as "Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil") and the snake conveyed jealousy. I will be honest, jealousy is something I struggle with often, but at least I've identified it as a trait that I need to work on. Next I shifted my attention to the black Christmas tree, and what it might indicate. The fact that it was "black" suggested negativity - and I recalled that December 2013 wasn't too peachy... and I realised that I had not yet let go of the negative feelings I was harbouring inside regarding things that went down during this time period. The flower to me, kind of indicated growth and forgiveness - that which I need to move towards. It kind of reminded me that I need to let go of the negative to be able to experience and move towards the positive. 

Today's doodle was mighty insightful and I can't wait to see what tomorrow's doodle might reveal about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment